2007 May 03 20:30

Re: [vox-tech] beryl

Bill Broadley wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
Bill Broadley wrote:

I am using a distro called pclinuxos and beryl comes installed.
Ah, I've not played with it.

When in root I can make my desktop appear to be rained on (by using <shift>+<F9>). Quite the cool effect. No water ripple effect when moving windows either.

I also noticed that windows are wafered separately from the cube when viewing "boxed" desktops. User mode just has them superimposed.
Those effects weren't on by default in my install, I'd try something
like:
cd
mkdir backup
mv .ber* backup
sudo cp -R /root/.ber* .
sudo chown -R <me> ~<me>

See if that fixes it.

Jimbo

[jimbo@localhost ~]$ cd
[jimbo@localhost ~]$ mkdir backup
[jimbo@localhost ~]$ mv .ber* backup
[jimbo@localhost ~]$ sudo chown -R <jimbo> ~<jimbo>
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
[jimbo@localhost ~]$ sudo cp -R /root/.ber*
Password: