2007 May 01 13:29

Re: [vox-tech] bootloader

this is from my /etc/grub.conf (/etc/grub/grub.conf) for your situation you would just change hd0,0 to the drive,partition of you winblows install

title winblows
rootnoverify (hd0,0)
chainloader +1

Jimbo wrote:
I have grub as a boot loader. I have wondoze on one drive and linux w/ grub on the other. If I want to change drives I have to go into the bios and change hdd priority. Alex I should have set this up at the installfest but I didn't. Now I wish that I had. Can I config grub to load up windows even though it is on another hard drive?

I have a program called drak and it gives boot options but it doesn't seem to point correctly to the other hdd. The closet option to my sata drive it gives is dev/sda1 . I believe that I need to set it at dev/sda but unsure.

Jimbo

Wade Pinkston

Ipsa scientia potestas est

Windows,a
32 bit graphical interface for a
16 bit patch to an
8 bit operating system internally coded for a
4 bit processor written by a
2 bit company that can't stand
1 bit of competition