2007 Apr 27 12:08

Re: [vox-tech] DNS MX Record Woes

Quoting Marc Elliot Hall (marc@hallmarc.net):

> I'm pleased to report that - after only modest amounts of effort - I was
> able to get AT&T (controlling co. for att.net/swbell.net/sbcglobal.net
> etc.) to configure their DNS to correctly report my IP's reverse lookup
> value as mail.hallmarc.net.

Awesome.  Speaks well for AT&T.

If you want to construct a reasonable SPF reference record for your DNS,
the "setup wizard" at http://www.openspf.org/ will do a not-bad job.

If you want to examine some example zonefiles including SPF RRs, see my
http://linuxmafia.com/pub/linux/network/bind9-examples-linuxmafia.tar.gz
file.  My SPF RR for linuxmafia.com says:

                   IN      TXT     "v=spf1 a mx -all"

...using "-" rather than "`" because I want receiving sites to regard my
list of authorised MXes as absolutely authoritative, not just advisory.