2007 Apr 23 16:50

Re: [vox-tech] The incredible moving ethernet adapter

On Monday 23 April 2007 11:32, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> Apparently (I finally got hold of the paperwork they sent back with the
> laptop after it was repaired), IBM decided to flash the BIOS with a new
> revision.  That apparently mucked up the MAC addr.
>
> *Whew!*  That was a close one! :^)

1)  The thought the MAC address was set by the card itself.  I guess I was
wrong.

2)  I thought BIOS flashing was dangerous enough that one should do it only
when necessary.

3)  Why would IBM flash the BIOS on a hinge repair job?  Just to be nice?

Bob