2007 Apr 16 14:01

Re: [vox-tech] Alarming spam

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007, Rod Roark wrote:

On Saturday 14 April 2007 01:22, Richard Harke wrote:
I also don't know where they got the info as I never post such info
in public forums. I'm wondering if my ISP could have suffered a
breakin as that seems the most likely to tie together all the elements.
Spammers work from lists, so an explanation such as this one seems
likely.  It doesn't even require a break-in, just one employee
deficient in scruples.
Even users can on some systems. Its not hard to build a list putting the @example.com in place if there is anywhere that the logins are listed. Such as "web pages of people on our system" or if they have a shell machine where users can get access.

Gandalf Parker