2007 Apr 14 12:04

[vox-tech] Alarming spam

I have received some spam that I consider alarming in that it contains
parts of my (physical) address as well as my wife's name. That is, one has my
street address followed by my wife's name as the subject. Another has my town
name followed by my wife's name. There is nothing else that I recognize to
suggest I might know the sender. The text of the message is just some
inane lines, both plain text and HTML and a URL at geocities.com
A directory is included (different in the two cases) and is a semi-random
string as if being used as a code. (Maybe to identify which spammers
got a response)
      I find this rather alarming as I doubt if the sender is a friend.
I also don't know where they got the info as I never post such info
in public forums. I'm wondering if my ISP could have suffered a
breakin as that seems the most likely to tie together all the elements.

Has any one else had this problem or any suggestion?

Richard Harke