2007 Mar 29 21:17

Re: [vox-tech] rsync filters

Here's what worked

cat .ipodsycfilter
P .rockbox
P iPod_Control
P Calendars
P Contacts
- - *.exe
- - *.mpg
- - video/
- - dan_brown/
- - herman_melville

Thanks for the help.

Wade Pinkston wrote:
> Hello,  I'm trying to write a rsync filters file so system files will
> not be deleted from my ipod but I keep getting this error.
>
> invalid modifier sequence at 'i' in filter rule: .ipodsycfilter
> rsync error: syntax or usage error (code 1) at exclude.c(777)
> [client=2.6.9]
>
> the line of interest in my rsync script is as follows
>
> $RSYNC -av --modify-window=2 --delete --filter=".ipodsycfilter" $MUS/
> $IPOD/
>
> here is what I have in the .ipodsycfilter file.
>
> - *.exe
> - video/
> - rP .rockbox
>
> I've read though the rsync man page but there aren't any good examples
> of a filter page nor the protect modifier "P"
>
> Is anybody familiar enough with rsync to help point me in the right
> direction or at least point out my errors?

- --
Wade Pinkston

Ipsa scientia potestas est

Windows,a
32 bit graphical interface for a
16 bit patch to an
8 bit operating system internally coded for a
4 bit processor written by a
2 bit company that can't stand
1 bit of competition

GnuPG Key ID 0x216FDD35
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 216FDD35