2007 Mar 19 01:20

Re: [vox-tech] Open Source Appreciation Day (Was re: You are here-><- )

On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 08:45:10PM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
> Thank you for Tux Paint Bill, did you see it's back on the latest OpenCD
> from Feb 07.

Yeah!  I was disappointed when it vanished, so I'm glad it's back.
It's also in the April Macworld Magazine:

  http://www.tuxpaint.org/reviews/macworld/

And it was mentioned in yesterday's The Unofficial Apple Weblog, which a lot
of people apparently read.  (Friend from another LUG emailed me about it.
Mac-using coworker IMed me about it.  Numerous people mentioned it in the
survey on the TP download page.)

> That project is back on track now that Canonical(of Ubuntu
> fame) is managing it.

Yeah, I recently heard that TheOpenCD is managed by Canonical, and I'm
beginning to wonder, how do _I_ get hooked up with them?  Being paid full
time to work on Tux Paint would be a dream come true, in more ways than one.

...especially since my day job (and bless them, they're awesome!) has been
keeping me busy 40 hours a week, and a 3 month old has been keeping me
busy the other 128 hours. :)

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/