2007 Mar 14 15:56

Re: [vox-tech] Graphics Card

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007, Matin Hashemi wrote:

lspci didn't work, maybe because I don't have root access.
 lspci
 bash: lspci: command not found

 What I need is simply to "know" what graphic card is installed, I
 don't want to change anything or configure the machine? I need the
 exact version of the graphic card, e.g., NVidia G6800. or even if
 there is one installed or not.
Dear Martin,

If you don't have root access, you could use one of the linux live CDs (e.g., knoppix), and that would give you root access to run lspci -vvv, which will list the information you want. I'm not sure why you would need root access, though. My ubuntu runs the command fine as a regular user, and the binary is in /usr/bin.

Yours,

Chris