2007 Mar 11 15:43

Re: [vox-tech] Re: How to get started with Linux

Re: [vox-tech] Re: How to get started with Linux

On Mar 11, 2007, at 2:22 PM, Kyle Oliveira wrote:

I know other folks offered other programs, but since you have a Windows
machine you may check to see if you have Nero (it seems to come bundled
with the PC more and more often nowadays). Nero 6 came with my Alienware
and it has a specific .iso burning utility that's fairly easy to find in
the Smart Start window that pops up when you select Nero. Besides that you
...except that it usually associates itself with .iso files when it's installed, which is why I didn't mention it. If he had it installed, double-clicking on the ISO file should have brought it up. So I assumed he didn't have it.

Still, it is worth looking for. It is possible I believe to install it without the association. Or if you've bought an external drive, maybe you didn't install Nero, but you may have the installation disc.

may try DVD Shrink. It's free, just search for it online. It handles CD/DVD
ripping and burning.
AFAIK DVD Shrink does not itself burn. It uses Nero. At work, where I do not have a copy of Nero that does DVDs, I use DVD Shrink to generate ISO files and then use DeepBurner to burn the ISOs.

I do use DVD Shrink a lot though, for shrinking DVDs. It's a great little program. :)