2007 Mar 06 13:22

Re: [vox-tech] System Slow down

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007, Richard Crawford wrote:

Every now and then my FC3 server gets bogged down with heavy disk usage, to
the point where the system is unusable and I have to reboot.  I've tried

# tail -f /var/log/messages

but nothing comes up when this happens.  Also, nothing unusual crops up when I
examine dmesg; the system just bogs down heavily for no obvious reason.
Do you have a web server like Apache running? Do the apache logs show alot of bot hits? I recently had to do some major robots.txt work for no other reason than the google image bot falling in love with my system.

Gandalf Parker