2007 Mar 06 11:49

Re: [vox-tech] System Slow down

Richard Crawford wrote:
Every now and then my FC3 server gets bogged down with heavy disk usage, to the point where the system is unusable and I have to reboot. I've tried
# tail -f /var/log/messages

but nothing comes up when this happens. Also, nothing unusual crops up when I examine dmesg; the system just bogs down heavily for no obvious reason.

I'm not sure what I could be checking for. I've run chkrootkit, and nothing suspicious showed up there. My "messages" logs showed nothing unusual, but if the system had been cracked, of course, whoever did it may have been smart enough to cover their tracks that way.

Can anyone offer any suggestions or advice?

When it starts to get boggy what shows up with Top?
Alex