2007 Feb 11 18:06

Re: [vox-tech] BLAS on Debian?

On Sat February 10 2007 19:12, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> What package provides BLAS on Debian?
>
> It doesn't appear on my dpkg listing, but I've seen older references to it.
> Was it removed from Debian?!?
On one system, with apt-cache search blas,
I find find a blas as well as many others.
On a system pointing to etch, I don't see blas but do find several others,
including atlas3-base, lapack3, refblas3 and a bunch beginning with
scalapack. Each of these names has several suffixes such
as -dev, -doc, -pic and -test

These all refer to linear algebra routines as I'm guessing that is
what you are interested in.

Richard Harke