2007 Feb 02 21:42

Re: [vox-tech] [OT] Numerical algorithms in C

Re: [vox-tech] [OT] Numerical algorithms in C

You didn't mention your CPU, but AMD has a AMD core math library, and
intel has a math kernel library.  Both available for linux, they might
have some of the routines you need.  The ones you do find are likely
to be well optimized for the CPUs they are targeted at.

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
Is there something equivalent to LAPACK or NAG in C?  Something free (as in
beer is OK by me).

I need some high powered stuff like SVD factorization, linear solvers that
specialize in rank deficient problems, n-th order polynomial least curve
fitting, rank tolerant matrix equation solvers, etc.

I know something like NAG (don't want to pay for it) and LAPACK (don't want
the headache of interfacing with fortran if I don't have to) has them.  I've
seen something called LAPACK++, which would be my next choice if something
in C isn't available.

Can anyone grant me temporary access to a machine with NAG?  That would work
too.

Thanks!
Pete