2007 Jan 26 16:08

Re: [vox-tech] Fujitsu & Atheros?

On Fri January 26 2007 12:08, Bob Scofield wrote:
> Here are two easy questions:
>
> 1)  Is it true that, all other things being equal, a Linux user would
> prefer an Atheros wireless card because of better driver support?
I sought out an Atheros based card for my HP laptop. (Linksys WPC55AG)
I had to build the driver from source tar-ball, but given that, it was
one of the easiest installs I've done. And I have native 64 bit for
my AMD64 Kubuntu system.

> 2)  Does anybody have an opinion on the desirability of having a Fujitsu
> laptop?
My wife has a Fujitsu laptop (Lifebook) that she is happy with. But she runs
that other operating system.

Richard Harke