2007 Jan 29 08:58

Re: [vox-tech] location of DBL_EPSILON definition

On Fri 26 Jan 07,  9:04 AM, Boris Jeremic <jeremic@ucdavis.edu> said:
> on my machine (fedora core 5) there are definitions in
>
> ./usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.3/include/float.h
>
>    /* Difference between 1.0 and the minimum double greater than 1.0 */
> #undef DBL_EPSILON
> #define DBL_EPSILON 2.2204460492503131e-16
>

> but not in
>
> ./usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.0/include/float.h
>
> where it appears as:
>
> /* The difference between 1 and the least value greater than 1 that is
>    representable in the given floating point type, b**1-p.  */
> #undef FLT_EPSILON
> #undef DBL_EPSILON
> #undef LDBL_EPSILON
> #define FLT_EPSILON	__FLT_EPSILON__
> #define DBL_EPSILON	__DBL_EPSILON__
> #define LDBL_EPSILON	__LDBL_EPSILON__

It's in neither place for me.

> You can also calculate them yourself:

Yeah, I'm aware of that, but this is not what I wanted.

It's not DBL_EPSILON that I care about (I simplified my question).  I wanted
a file that I could look at and know any of the constants that are of
interest to me.  It's not one constant I wanted to know, but all of them, in
one place.