2007 Jan 26 05:23

Re: [vox-tech] Re: New notebook computer for Linux - AMD or (BillBroadley)

Re: [vox-tech] Re: New notebook computer for Linux - AMD or (BillBroadley)

I'd love to use Linux for this application (classroom environment,
laptops, running multiple virtual machines), but haven't had much luck
with Linux drivers for wireless network cards.   I have a requirement
that the machines plug-n-play either wired Ethernet, or wireless if
not plugged in.  I've experimented with the windows NDIS drivers, but
need something that can be used by end users without too many
surprises.

Thanks again,

Once you get the card working with NDIS wrapper or other drivers there are several programs out there to make switching between wired and wireless easy, Network Manager has worked for me in the past with some cards.
I know KDE has its own tools too, I'd say try it out and see.

Alex