2007 Jan 24 02:59

[vox-tech] Multiple displays and graphics cards

[vox-tech] Multiple displays and graphics cards

Hi,

I have X windows running several LCD monitors with two Nvidia PCI cards and a dual headed AGP card (Nvidia).

Bringing up displays and running applications on the individual monitors is no problem when logged in locally on the machine. Question is how to do it remotely? i.e would like program A to run on display #1 and program B to run on monitor #3, program B on #2, and so forth.

so after logging in via ssh, starting the program(s) is a no-brainer, but I'm puzzling over how to direct the output to a specific display. Most of what I've found browsing was how to use the export command to send display output to a remote client.

Any hints, suggestions, links would be appreciated.

Regards
John W.