2007 Jan 23 19:53

Re: [vox-tech] New notebook computer for Linux - AMD or

Re: [vox-tech] New notebook computer for Linux - AMD or

Kevin Hrim wrote:
What we have run into is that the new Laptops may have dual core 64bit
processors, and stated capability of 4Gb installed memory.  But, the
path from processor to memory is only 32 bits wide.
Umm, you sure?  Where do you find/hear this?  It doesn't sound right to me.

So, our Dell D820's have two 2Gb sticks of memory, but only report 3.3
Gb useable.  The remainder (640mb) is reserved for system use (yea,
right)
With a 32 bit OS or 64?  It's very common for 3.25-3.5GB to be available
if you use a 32 bit OS.