2007 Jan 23 19:53

Re: [vox-tech] New notebook computer for Linux - AMD or

Re: [vox-tech] New notebook computer for Linux - AMD or

What we have run into is that the new Laptops may have dual core 64bit
processors, and stated capability of 4Gb installed memory.  But, the
path from processor to memory is only 32 bits wide.

So, our Dell D820's have two 2Gb sticks of memory, but only report 3.3
Gb useable.  The remainder (640mb) is reserved for system use (yea,
right)

--
-- Kevin Hrim

/*
Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a
life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity. -
Buddha
*/