2007 Jan 23 00:43

[vox-tech] RE: [OT] MS Windows nice

I'm  curious about why you say the Oracle DB is inappropriate for your task?

I work with 10's of GB of financial data stored on my dual core laptop
using WinXP/Oracle.  I don't have any problems with performance.

It also helps that I teach Oracle Performance tuning :-), but out of
the box you should have the tools you need to make it go.  (especially
if it's the 10gR2 version of Oracle)

--
-- Kevin Hrim

/*
Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a
life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity. -
Buddha
*/