2007 Jan 21 15:05

Re: [Getting OT] Re: [vox-tech] DVD grief

On Sun 21 Jan 07, 12:20 PM, Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> said:
> On Sun, Jan 21, 2007 at 12:09:32PM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> > Heh, OOC, what player ends up playing it?  The light show _could_ be
> > a visualization effect in your player.
> >
> >   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_visualization
>
> I'm shocked that that WP entry doesn't have references to Jeff Minter ('Yak')
> ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Minter ), who developed some of the
> first music visualization programs (back on the Commodore 64) in the 1980s,
> and famously developed the Virtual Light Machine that was part of the
> Atari Jaguar game system's add-on CDROM drive.
>
> More recently, he did the visualization software that comes with the Xbox 360.
> ( http://www.makeyougohmm.com/20051121/2650/ )
>
> Prior to that, he did the same for the Nuon.  No?  Don't remember the Nuon?
> ;^)  ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuon )

The great thing about Wikipedia is that you can add material...   :)

BTW, speaking of Wikipedia, even though the fundraiser is over, anyone who
didn't donate can still donate via PayPal, Check, or direct deposit.

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fundraising

Pete

--
How VBA rounds a number depends on the number's internal representation.
You cannot always predict how it will round when the rounding digit is 5.

Peter Jay Salzman, email: p@dirac.org web: http://www.dirac.org/p