2007 Jan 21 12:27

[Getting OT] Re: [vox-tech] DVD grief

On Sun, Jan 21, 2007 at 12:09:32PM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> Heh, OOC, what player ends up playing it?  The light show _could_ be
> a visualization effect in your player.
>
>   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_visualization

I'm shocked that that WP entry doesn't have references to Jeff Minter ('Yak')
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Minter ), who developed some of the
first music visualization programs (back on the Commodore 64) in the 1980s,
and famously developed the Virtual Light Machine that was part of the
Atari Jaguar game system's add-on CDROM drive.

More recently, he did the visualization software that comes with the Xbox 360.
( http://www.makeyougohmm.com/20051121/2650/ )

Prior to that, he did the same for the Nuon.  No?  Don't remember the Nuon?
;^)  ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuon )

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/