2007 Jan 18 13:20

[vox-tech] C preprocessor - "soft reference"?

[vox-tech] C preprocessor - "soft reference"?

The variable p and the variable's name "p" need to be passed to the macro
function to test for nullness and then to print some message involving the
variable's name.

Is there a crafty way of doing this so that only one thing needs to be
passed?

Thanks!

#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>

#define CHECK_FOR_NULLITITY(var,varname) \
	if ( (var) == NULL ) \
	{ \
		printf("%s is null.\n", varname); \
		exit(EXIT_FAILURE); \