2007 Jan 12 17:28

Re: [vox-tech] Apple & Linux

On 1/10/07, Matin Hashemi <matin.hashemi@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everybody :-)

It has been a few weeks since I decided to buy one of these cute black 13"
MacBooks. Yes, I love black :-) see there ARE people who pay just for a
color and Apple sale guys are very well aware of that! Anyways, the thing I
"really" like about it is that I can "hopefully" run any application from
all OS's (Linux, Apple, Win) on that. Sweet :-) ha?
As a fellow owner of a black Core 2 Duo MacBook, the "black tax" is
less so since it now comes with a
120GB hard drive than a 80GB.  It doesn't offset the price difference,
but at least it isn't just for Krylon's finest matte finish...

I've heard Parallels is good, but I boot directly into Linux.  I don't
play with Linux too much on it since the wireless card isn't supported
(or has that changes in the past two months?).  Might I suggest
MacPorts as an OSS solution?  http://www.macports.org/