January 6: Social gathering
2007 Jan 12 11:10

[vox-tech] Mail re-routing

Ok, I've been missing out from the lists for a couple of weeks do to my own causing of course.

I changed some settings on my domain registrar and things got a little funny so I'm looking for a better solution this time. Basically I switched my URL redirect to a cname record (Chris's proper suggestion), which worked as intended for my website URL remaining correct. However my registration also includes email accounts that they handle for me and these apparently have been bouncing off a blank wall the last couple of weeks since all traffic to my domain was being moved to the alias. How can I redirect the email stuff back towards the right server from my webserver. Do I need to open port 25 on my system, this might be a problem since the server is on a dynamic IP behind At&t/SBC. What program can handle the redirect?

I temporarily reverted back to my old way of doing things so I'll actually get responses to this now.

Thanks,
Alex

PS: See everyone at the IF