2007 Jan 10 10:54

Fwd: Re: [vox-tech] size of /var

Cam posted this from a non-subscribed address:

Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 22:13:37 -0800
From: Cam Ellison <cam@ellisonpsychology.ca>
Subject: Re: [vox-tech] size of /var
To: lugod's technical discussion forum <vox-tech@lists.lugod.org>

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>For those of you with Debian based systems with /var on its own partition,
>how much space did you allocate for /var?

90GB in my case, but I'm running Dovecot using only IMAPS, plus 4 MySQL
DBs and a website.  At the moment, it's at 5%.  It may last a while, but
I had a problem a while back with a smaller allocation (I think it was
about 20GB), and a weird attack on my webserver plugged it solid.

Cheers

Cam

--
Cam Ellison, Ph.D. R.Psych. #1417