January 6: Social gathering
2007 Jan 07 12:55

Re: [vox-tech] new gaming computer

Just made a gaming rig:
evga 8800glx nvidia chipset gpu (hdmi and dx10 capable)
evga 680i nvidia chipset sli mb
corsair dominator 800 ddr2 2G memory
WD raptor 150GB HD
intel core 2 duo 6700 cpu
silverstone "zeuz" psu 800W (good headroom for sli and extra cooling devices)

Games I run:
Half Life 2, episode 1
Prey
Oblivion
Fear
Far Cry (one of my favorites)
Ghost recon "Advanced Warfare"

Games I want:
Crysis

My hardware cost aprox 2600 clams. Love it. I get an average 3dmark06 score of 10450 and overclocked I got 11610. I have to get watercooling and will mod my case but will have to do it in the summer :( .

My gpu alone was 600 bones! Nice card but I wish'd I got the bfg 8800gtx water cooled ver. instead. These babies run very hot-mine measures 80 deg C when loaded! These cards will come down in the next 4 months.

I did a bit of research before I got these parts. System works flawlessly.

One thing that I did have to fight:
Cleaning out old gpu driver and installing new driver. Had to use a utility called Driver Cleaner Pro. After that no problems. Oh yea, updated the bios.

Jim

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Jay Salzman" <p@dirac.org>