2007 Jan 01 14:04

Re: [vox-tech] spam greylisting (was: [vox] Posting to the lists)

On Sun 24 Dec 06,  1:05 PM, Troy Arnold <troy-vox@zenux.net> said:
> On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 11:23:37AM -0500, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> >
> > I can only imagine how many spams per day I'm getting today.  I'm too afraid
> > to turn all the anti-spam measures off to take a look.  However, if the
> > percentage of spam getting caught by all my measures scaled linearly in the
> > past year, a double in spam-in-the-box means a double in spam attempts, or
> > 800 per day.  Ick.
>
> Check out pflogsumm (postfix log summary)
>
> In fact, check out this howto:
> http://www.howtoforge.com/mail_statistics_mailgraph_pflogsumm
>
> I currently see about 85-92% rejection rate.  Thanks to you, Rod, and this:
> <http://jimsun.linxnet.com/misc/postfix-anti-UCE.txt>
>
> For getting me up to speed on postfix anti-spam measures.
>
> -t

Oh, right on!!!

I've been waiting for this application to fall into into my life for a very
long time.  I've been meaning to write it, but never had the time.  Thanks
for mentioning it!

And thanks to Rod as well who taught me the joys and power of Postfix, too.

Pete

--
How VBA rounds a number depends on the number's internal representation.
You cannot always predict how it will round when the rounding digit is 5.

Peter Jay Salzman, email: p@dirac.org web: http://www.dirac.org/p