Re: [vox-tech] strerror deprecated?

On Tue December 26 2006 13:46, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> > Richard
>
> Thanks, Richard!
>
> For the record, strerror_r() isn't implemented in VC++, but it does appear
> to be a drop in replacement for strerror_s().
>
> BTW, when you say that all the error messages are a line long, are you
> speaking pragmatically or from a standards view?  I'm really trying to
> write this "by the books."
Just pragmatically, I'm afraid. I was going to suggest a short test program
that ran through the error no's but that just covers english, and if you're
really determined, a small number of other languages. I expect that
most languages will use short standard phrases but I have seen a few
pathological translations (not from the computer field) that were wildly
different in length. Maybe Bill Kendrick could comment as his Tuxpaint
is supported for a large number of languages.

Richard