Re: [vox-tech] strerror deprecated?

On Tue, Dec 26, 2006 at 02:51:38PM -0500, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> In the Makefile I define __WIN32__ since I'm not using windows.h, which is
> where I believe that thing is defined:
>

>    # Uncomment one of these.
>    OS = __WIN32__
>    # OS = __LINUX__
> Do you know of a better way to detect Linux/Windows than requiring someone
> to comment/uncomment the Makefile?

I don't think there is a way to "do it by the books" in this case.  The
closest way I can think of is to use autoconf/automake.  Another way
would be to create one Makefile per target platform.

Once you get into the C-layer, you can use the defined variables
predefined by the compiler (#ifdef(linux), #ifdef(_WIN32), etc.)  But I
don't think those exist at Makefile level.

-Mark