Re: [vox-tech] Win98 Dilemma

Bob Scofield wrote:
> On Saturday 16 December 2006 19:28, Rod Roark wrote:
>> On Saturday 16 December 2006 17:27, Bob Scofield wrote:
>>> While I  use Linux for all personal computing, I'm still using Windows 98
>>> for my business computing.
>> Which applications?
>
> Word Perfect
>
> A free form data base called "Ask Sam"
>
> And I use Internet Explorer for an online legal research service that I
> subscribe to because IE is the only browser that allows me all of the
> features the service offers (though I could fudge and use Firefox).
>
> Bob

Well there are lots of good alternatives to word perfect - abiword is
nice and light or Openoffice.
IE could be run through wine.
I'm not familiar with Ask Sam so I don't have any suggestions for that.

One alternative is to run win98 in a vmware virtual machine when you
need to and you can run the internet connection through your linux side
with a nice firewall/filters to keep you safe. And if you do hose it
with a virus you can just restore it with a image save.

Just an idea,
Alex