2006 Nov 30 12:11

Re: [vox-tech] Re: Firefox issues

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 07:14:40PM -0800, Norm Matloff wrote:
> Thanks, but that really didn't help.  But I suddenly realized the
> problem.  My Firefox preferences had been set to "Load images for the
> originating Web site only."  The PNG images are elsewhere.  Works fine
> now!

Oh!  So you were actually seeing the _ALT_ text, I guess. (Based on what
the help page I had reference said.)

> I still can't get to https: sites, though (that was Problem 2).  Anyone
> know why?  Again, I can do so from Konqueror on the same machine, and
> from Firefox on another machine.

A quick google search came up with a complain on the fedora wiki that
says:  "... A counter example however is the Firefox FC5 security update
that shipped without working SSL."  D'oh!  Ouch!

(Ref: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UpdatesPolicy )

Another page that looks like it might have an answer:

  http://andrewjpage.com/index.php?/archives/72-Firefox-doesnt-know-how-to-communicate-with-the-server-in-Fedora.html

Hope THAT helps.  My Kubuntu Firefox works fine, so I have no way of
testing any of this. :)

Good luck!

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/