2006 Nov 30 15:05

[vox-tech] Re: Firefox issues

Bill had replied, concerning my problem of math equations not showing up:

> Sounds like Wikipedia thinks your Firefox can handle embedded TeX,
> and is therefore not delivering a PNG image to you.  See if you can change
> your user preferences.

> For reference:

>   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Formula

Thanks, but that really didn't help.  But I suddenly realized the
problem.  My Firefox preferences had been set to "Load images for the
originating Web site only."  The PNG images are elsewhere.  Works fine
now!

I still can't get to https: sites, though (that was Problem 2).  Anyone
know why?  Again, I can do so from Konqueror on the same machine, and
from Firefox on another machine.

Norm