2006 Nov 30 15:05

Re: [vox-tech] OT: gzip support on windows/mac

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 02:51:23PM -0500, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> I think pretty much everyone has winzip.  You can download it for free, and
> I don't think the demo expires.  It just nags.

7-zip is also popular, and Open Source.

  http://www.7-zip.org/

It sez:

  * Packing / unpacking: 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR
  * Unpacking only: RAR, CAB, ISO, ARJ, LZH, CHM, Z, CPIO, RPM, DEB and NSIS

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/