2006 Sep 26 03:33

[vox-tech] confusing httpd log entry

Hey all,

I was looking at my httpd log the other day (via the
Logwatch program that emails me a daily update) and I
saw this:

 --------------------- httpd
Begin---------------------

 0.45 MB transferred in 21 responses  (1xx 0, 2xx 13,
3xx 1, 4xx 7, 5xx 0)
    11 Images (0.03 MB),
     1 Windows executable files (0.41 MB),
     8 Content pages (0.01 MB),
     1 Redirects (0.00 MB),

 Requests with error response codes
    404 Not Found
       /favicon.ico: 4 Time(s)
       /robots.txt: 2 Time(s)
       http://www.searchpost.net/azenv.php: 1 Time(s)

 A total of 1 ROBOTS were logged
    Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Yahoo! Slurp;
http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/ysearch/slurp) 2 Time(s)

----------------------httpd
End------------------------

"1 Windows executable files (0.41 MB)??" WTF? This
system runs Linux. Why is it transferring an .EXE file
from my server...or did someone somehow push one ONTO
the system through my Apache httpd service? If so, how
and why? Where in the directory tree would I look for
it?

For that matter, why is it issuing redirects when I
haven't set up any on the system?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

P.S. You guys are the greatest. I really do appreciate
all the help this list community has been to me.