January 6: Social gathering
2006 Sep 23 21:12

Re: [vox-tech] debian on 64bit box failed

Re: [vox-tech] debian on 64bit box failed

Hai Yi wrote:
hi there:

I recently bought a new PC with a core 2 duo E6400 CPU and like to
have my debian installed on that box.
So bleeding edge hardware.

I used the startup CD I made sometime ago, which worked on my Toshiba
laptop, but this time it didn't work with the new desktop.
Er, debian = quite a few architectures, and of course versions.

Which did you use? amd64 version? Stable? unstable? Testing?

I haven't checked recently, but I believe debian stable doesn't
support amd64 yet.  You might want to try ubuntu until that happens
(which does support amd64 in the current stable/dapper release).

Not that debian can't do it, but it might be easier until the next
debian release.