2006 Sep 23 21:12

[vox-tech] Looking for a quick guide to Linux networking...

[vox-tech] Looking for a quick guide to Linux networking...

I just acquired a second computer, and formatted it using the latest Knoppix LiveCD HD install. My old system is running Debian stable.

I've connected them together via a switch, and now wish to network them together, so that I can transfer files over to the "new" machine, and then tear the old one down and re-build it. I also have a Laserjet 4 Plus with a network card that I want to network in as well.

For bonus points, I'd lke to put a modem on the "new" computer (yes, I know, but it's hopefully a temporary condition), and be able to access the net from either the old or new machine via the one modem.

I've been administering my Linux box for ages, but, up to now, networking hasn't been an issue, so it's well past time for me to do this.

Ideas? Suggestions? Pointers to good online tutorials?

Any help would be much appreciated...

Mike A.