2006 Sep 20 01:41

[vox-tech] GPG Keys and Multiple Computers

[vox-tech] GPG Keys and Multiple Computers

Ok, so after years of seeing PGP and GPG keys in people's email
signatures I got curious and really started reading up on it.
Now I'm stuck in an interesting place, I get the concept but what I'm
failing to see is how I can manage to have a single key with the amount
of accounts I have.
I guess the problem is that on a daily basis I use 4 computers for
emailing, and no less than 6 email accounts. For those 4 computers 2 of
them are dual boots with multiple OS. So if I go about creating a key
what account and system do I use so that I only have 1 key. I guess it
helps that I have the same UID on my 2 linux machines but I'm still
fairly lost.
Can someone point me in the right direction of how to manage a single
key across such a varied landscape. Does it matter if I use the same key
over different email accounts?
Do I even need encryption, or is it just all about verifying senders?

Maybe I'm just confusing myself,
Alex