January 6: Social gathering
2006 Sep 06 11:46

Reply-to munging and GNUS (Was re: [vox-tech] wifi)

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 11:35:10AM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> But, I think I stand alone in this opinion so I'll shut up now and go
> configure gnus to ignore the reply-to header...
>
> (I do notice that most people on the list that have responded are
> doing that, which still makes me wonder why it's in there)

They do?  How can you tell?

Anyway, I'm still waiting for the day when Mailman includes an option
to let subscribers pick whether they want Reply-To munged when receiving
listmail, or to leave it up to them to figure out how to reply back to the
list.  That will, once and for all, end the debate.

In the meantime, the topic seems to only come up once every couple of
years, so obviously very few out of 200+ people here have enough of a
problem with it to mention it. (On-list or off.)

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/