January 6: Social gathering
2006 Sep 06 11:46

Re: [vox-tech] wifi

Wes posted this from a non-subscribed address.

----- Forwarded message from vox-tech-bounces@lists.lugod.org -----

Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 06:38:42 -0700
From: Wes Hardaker <wes@hardakers.net>
Subject: Re: [vox-tech] wifi
To: lugod's technical discussion forum <vox-tech@lists.lugod.org>

RM> You have...

RM> ...which reportedly means you can auto-ignore munging on your end.

Yep.  But it's still evil for everyone else but me.  But as seen on
this list, evil is an opinion.

Just because it defaults to posting publicly means it's changing the
behavior of default buttons in mailers, which I think is wrong.  But
the other reason is that it forces removal of everyone else from the
To list, like it just removed my friend from this discussion who's not
on the list.

But, I think I stand alone in this opinion so I'll shut up now and go
configure gnus to ignore the reply-to header...

(I do notice that most people on the list that have responded are
doing that, which still makes me wonder why it's in there)

----- End forwarded message -----

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/