2006 Sep 05 17:02

[vox-tech] Re: wifi

Michael Baer posted this from a nonexistent address
(...@localhost.localdomain!).  Michael, please fix your mail client before
attempting to post to LUGOD's lists.  Thanks!

----- Forwarded message -----

Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 20:03:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: Michael Baer <baerm@localhost.localdomain>
Subject: Re: [vox-tech] wifi
To: Wes Hardaker <wjhns156@hardakers.net>
Cc: lugod's technical discussion forum <vox-tech@lists.lugod.org>,
	Michael Baer <baerm@mikesoffice.com>

Hi,

I have use wireless in Central Park, but I've only done that once.  I was
sitting on the picnic tables in the Southeast corner of the park across
from Crepeville.  The reception was good and there were, I think, 5 or 6
networks with at least two not using WEP: Crepeville and an 'instaconnect'
ESSID.  I think Crepeville uses instaconnect too, but there was a separate
Crepevill ESSID.  I'd guess that the coffee shop over there has wireless
and possibly an apartment complex.  I didn't rome any farther than that,
though, so I don't how far coverage extends.

Of course, if you have a potato chip can antena, you may get very good
range ;).

Mike

----- End forwarded message -----

bill@newbreedsoftware.com