2006 Aug 31 16:07

Re: [vox-tech] spam current events

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 02:47:30PM -0700, Rod Roark wrote:
> The blacklists (RBLs) are my core defense, however some stuff
> inevitably gets through.

The one thing I see getting through to the vox-* lists (and either held,
or discarded, since they're coming from probably-faked non-subscribed
addresses) is lotto scams.

Rod, if you'd like me to pass the mailmain notifications over to you, to
examine, and maybe alter your filtering, let me know.

In the meantime, they all just hit the bit bucket, so there's no impact
on the list.  I just go through a coupla times a day and make sure no
_valid_ email got held or discarded (e.g., due to someone posting from
a non-subscribed addr.)

Thx!