2006 Aug 07 23:54

Re: [vox-tech] webpage element positioning via coordinates

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 01:32:08PM -0500, Ken Bloom wrote:
> for (var i=0;i<children.length;i++){
>    children[i].style.left=100+100*Math.sin(i *2*Math.PI/l);
>    children[i].style.top=100-100*Math.cos(i *2*Math.PI/l);
> }
> </script>

This seems like a good time to plug the amazing firebug extension for
firefox.

For debugging code like the above that generates dynamic markup for the
browser, firebug is indispensable.  It will show you the actual generated
source as opposed to what you get when you View->Source.  (It will also
show DOM events, XMLHttpRequest traffic, and other goodies)

http://joehewitt.com/software/firebug/

-troy