January 6: Social gathering
2006 Aug 01 21:32

[vox-tech] webpage element positioning via coordinates

[vox-tech] webpage element positioning via coordinates

I'd like to position text links in an ellipse, like:

        h              b
     g                     c
        f              d

I may be adding more links, so it behooves me to use a general equation for
the coordinates.  To keep the discussion simple, let's talk about a circle.

Is it possible to position something using the equation:

   <x,y> =  R * <cos(t), sin(t)>

where

   t = i 2\pi / n

where n-1 is the number of text links and i runs from 0 to n?

Is it possible to position things via coordinates like this on a web page?

Thanks,
Pete

complicated.   The mind of God appears to be abstract but not complicated.
He also appears to like group theory.  ---  Tony Zee's  "Fearful Symmetry"

email: p@dirac.org                      web: http://www.dirac.org/p