2006 Jul 25 13:16

Re: [vox-tech] Able to Login root however, unable to visit site

Re: [vox-tech] Able to Login root however, unable to visit site

first, see if you can ping an outside ip. 38.99.2.1 is one of mine you should be able to ping. If you can ping it, then your dns is bad. Put a valid
nameserver [ip address]
line in /etc/resolv.conf. use your ISP's nameserver rather than your own if you are having problems. make sure you can ping the IP and the dns packets can get through your firewall.

If you can't ping it, then your network is down.

either way, google is probably ok because it's cached.