2006 Jul 22 23:01

Re: [vox-tech] high-pitch noise when trying to raise the volume

Re: [vox-tech] high-pitch noise when trying to raise the volume

pete, you are really good! I turned mic all the way down and the
problem is gone! Do you mind eleborating on it a little more?

Thanks again,
Hai

On 7/23/06, Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org> wrote:
On Sun 23 Jul 06,  1:28 AM, Hai Yi <yihai2004@gmail.com> said:
> hello,
>
> I have a problem with adjusting the volume when I watch the movie or
> listen to the music: the sound becomes unbearable high-pitch noise
> when I raise the volume (using alsamixer or other).
>
> I hope I could be able to provide more details, however, there is not
> too much info about it.
>
> Anyone experience this kind of problem?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Hai

Hmmm... Sounds like you might be hearing feedback.  Do you have a microphone
hooked up to your soundcard?  If so, disconnect it.

Also, use whatever mixing software you use to mute the input.  For example,
with "xmix" (am I showing my age?) turn "mic" down all the way.

Pete

complicated.   The mind of God appears to be abstract but not complicated.
He also appears to like group theory.  ---  Tony Zee's  "Fearful Symmetry"

email: p@dirac.org                      web: http://www.dirac.org/p