2006 Jul 21 23:41

Re: [vox-tech] SSH Troubles

Ken Herron wrote:
Also, I've read that to port-forward an FTP server, the firewall has to watch the FTP command channel, open holes for each data connection, and maybe even modify some packets.
Okay, see <http://www.ncftp.com/ncftpd/doc/misc/ftp_and_firewalls.html>, in particular "Why PORT Poses Problems for Routing Devices" and "Problems when the FTP Server is Listening on a Non-Standard Port Number". Now imagine your netgear thinks it's dealing with FTP and is doing that to your ssh sessions.