2006 Jul 24 20:33

Re: [vox-tech] Unable to login as root

Chris Horsting wrote:
Jonathan Stickel wrote:
Chris Horsting wrote:
Jeff Newmiller wrote:
Chris Horsting wrote:
Hi,
I was having problem accessing website from fedora 4.0 box, so I thought it might be a user permission problem. When I tried to login as root, Fedora did not let me login. Also, regarding the Internet connection, I am able to get site like google, but apache.org.
<snip>

For your root login issue, are you trying to login to Gnome, KDE, or something else?

Jonathan
<snip>>
I am login into KDE.
OK, around KDE 3.4, the default is you cannot login to KDE as root. Find where the file kdmrc is located:

$ locate kdmrc

Mine is at /usr/kde/3.5/share/config/kdm/kdmrc. Open it up in a text editor and change any and all lines that read

AllowRootLogin=false

AllowRootLogin=true

Save the file and restart X. Then you can login as root.

Jonathan