2006 Jul 11 20:16

[vox-tech] PostGreSQL: COPY FROM syntax

Hi everyone,

I am attempting to load in some data files into pgsql, however the COPY FROM
function is not allowing insertion of records that do not match the column
types. i.e. if a column in the input text file is quoted, then it is
interpreted as a string, and therefore an illegal entry into an integer
field.

is there anyway to force coercion to the column definition at load time?

any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

--
Dylan Beaudette